Summer 2013 one gnome-er, student- from RI travels to Peru and Guatemala to improve her Spanish, gain experience as a possible future medical anthropologist, and explore. *Obviously this is not the correct word.

El verano 2013 un gnomo-er, student- de RI viaja al Peru y Guatemala para mejorar, su espanol, aumenta su experiencia en antropologia medica, e explorar. *Obviamente no es la palabra correcta.



7.24.2013

Volcanoes for Water in Guatemala: A Call for Help! :)

It's been an amazing week and a half so far at the NAPA-OT Field School in Antigua, Guatemala so far. I've been at clinics and in hospitals, at lectures and at the table with a wonderful host family. While my blogging has come to a near standstill with all the scholarly articles and volunteering/working of late, I do want to ask everyone for support. This Saturday I'll be joining Ecofiltro:one's Hike for Water up the Volcano called Fuego. I need to raise at least $135 to participate, all of which goes to buying Ecofiltro water filters, of terracotta and invented in Guatemala, for donate for purified drinking water for families in rural Guatemala. All I ask is $1 from everyone. Muchas gracias!
My street here. Yes- that's a volcano at the end. That one is named Agua (water!)./Mi calle aqui. Si, es un volcano al termino. Se llama Agua.


No comments:

Post a Comment